Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Holidays

My finals have ended over a week ago however there was no room for celebration as I went straight to beginning my first day of work the next morning. I'm starting to feel like I'm running a marathon because starting a new job always puts on a bit of stress.

I'm pretty happy with my new job, everyone I work with is really nice and the work environment is good. The learning curve is kind of steep, but I'm pretty confident I'll get the hang of everything. I think my biggest concern is knowing how to speak. I've always been a fairly good speaker, however I've discovered that with the addition of specific verbiage I'm required to include in my dialogue, I've become nothing short of sounding like an awkward turtle. There have been a couple of occasions with guests where I got all jumbled up, the interaction we had was cringe worthy. Hopefully I'll get comfortable and speak smoothly again soon. I also hope I don't ever come off as condescending, dressed nicely, working in a finely decorated location and certain things I need to say may just give that impression. The last thing I want is to have it all get to my head and I become some bimbo snob like some I've encountered in other establishments.

So that's pretty much my holiday. Filled with work and training. Thanks to my shifts its given little room for a social life so in between those two things I fill it with Assassin's Creed 3, which I finished last night. Maybe I'll do a review of it haha. I have some days off coming up so I hope to get Christmas shopping done and hopefully spend some time with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment