Thursday, March 14, 2013

Marcello's Pizzeria

Following a recommendation from a friend, I made reservations for dinner at Marcello Pizzeria.  It was hailed as 'best pizza in Vancouver' from my friend, I'm no pizza connoisseur, but I can say that it was pretty damn good pizza and pasta.



I went with a group of people, which is usually recommended when going to places for pizza because you get to order and taste more food.



I'm rather late in the making of this entry as I went back in February. So I have forgotten the names of the dishes we ordered. 


I will remember to bring out my camera for future outings. These iphone pictures aren't doing anyone justice.  I was originally planning on purchasing a compact DSLR so I could have really nice photos. However that's on hold for the moment. The reason will be in a later post. My point and shoot isn't half bad. I just need to remember to bring it with me!
 

When you enter the restaurant, you are greeted with a rustic Mediterranean decor. Wooden tables, heavy hairs and a chandelier made of wine bottles. They prepare and cook the pizzas in an open kitchen and with the most glorious oven. 

From that I recall, the oven is a sculpture of a Mediterranean Sun God that was suppose to symbolize prosperity. Hey, I'm all for worshiping Gods that will whip me up some pizzas! 


We had gone on a weekday and it was still packed. So I would recommend making some reservations if you do plan on trying it out.


Marcello's Pizzeria & Ristorante 
1404 Commercial Dr 
Vancouver, BC V5L 5G2
(604) 215 - 7760

No comments:

Post a Comment